Sunday, November 14, 2010

Local Celebrity T-shirts

Clothing brands mostly want their costumers to advertise their brand by placing their logo on their t-shirts. But recently I read a case that said how the t-shirt brand Local Celebrity had a different approach. They create t-shirts with funny phrases so people will like to wear a t shirt with a funny phrase.  By doing this people will like the t-shirt and ask the costumer what brand his t-shirt is. In contrast, I always had t shirts with funny phrases but I never thought I was wearing it to advertise the brand nor criticize something . Around Babson campus, you can sometimes see some people  wearing t shirts with double meaning phrases/funny pictures.  Do you think people want to buy the shirt because they like the store/brand or because they like the phrase that the t shirt.  For me personally it was the phrase which leads to my second question. I remember how in my high school we were not allowed to have t shirts with a funny or a double meaning phrase.  This was because some people might find the phrase offensive or not polite. Do you think t shirts with a double meaning phrase, criticizing a race, ethnicity should be taken more seriously ? 

The photos below, show two different types of designs that local celebrity sells.  As you can see, the Mexcellent t-shirt might be offensive for some people since it has a taco and  mex written on it. On the other hand most people will find the other t-shirt fun to wear since it makes fun of the I love NY shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment